Adding Goods to Your Econic Shop
Posted by: Sherman Sall (August 7, 2021)
This article will show you how to add goods to your Econic storefront:
- Getting Started
- Step One – The Product
- Explaining Deal Types
- Step Two – Y Intelligence
- Step 3 – Completing the Profile
- Step 4 – Product Customizations
- Step 5 – Slow and Busy Times
1. Getting Started – setting up your first product
When you first sign up add one product – it should be your best seller. Our AI learns a lot about your business by knowing what sells best.
You will be able to add more items after the initial set up.
2. Step One – The Product
- Tap on the photo icon and select a picture of your product from your phone picture gallery
- Enter the name and the store price
- Add a short description that will make your customers want to buy it
- Choose the Deal Type from the drop down list.
3. Explaining the Deal Types
The system provides you with three Deal Types to chose from:
- Local Deals – Blue deals, are based on how close the customer is to you
- Daily Deals – Green deals, these drive engagement and repeat purchases
- Special Deals – Red Deals, holidays, events, service on demand, or when you discount to move inventory
A fourth deal type, Buy Again, is created by the Econic AI based on previous purchases. This is our way to automate repeat buying patterns.
4. Step Two – Pricing ENgine
The price at which a good is sold by our pricing engine depends on the loyalty of the customer and their buying behaviors.
This feature is just like surge pricing, where a customer pays more when there is high demand during rush hour for a ride share and less when it’s slow or they are very loyal. The pricing engine protects your margins and helps you make more money.
This feature is automatically enabled. When you enter your price for the product, it will calculate the minimum and maximum prices and show you. We strongly suggest you keep this enabled and see what it can do for your business.
5. Step Three – Completing the Product Profile
- Select Goods in the first drop down menu
- Select the right Tax Code so we can calculate sales tax correctly. This is a long list, so go through it carefully. This feature automatically calculates your sales tax, so it’s important to get it right for each product you list.
- Add a SKU if you use one
- Add the Quantity you want to sell or have available to your Econic customers
6. Step Four – Product Customizations
If your goods can be customized, select the box.
You can set up customizations for each product. Enter a custom item, the extra price and tap on Add Now. You can add up to 10 per product.
7. Step Five – Busy and Slow Times
If your good or service is subject to slow or busy times and you want to adjust your prices for those hours, select the Box and tap on the Let’s do it button.